lördag 29 augusti 2009

You Can Take The Girl Out Of The Country, But You Can't Take The Country Out Of The Girl

Annie Oakley
Jag hade mailväxling med en kille i USA för massor av år sen angående Jackson Browne.
En av frågorna han ställde var om texterna hade nån betydelse för det jag lyssnar på. Det har det absolut, inte så att det är det viktigaste. Ta Twist And Shout med Beatles som exempel, toppenbra låt, men att påstå att texten är nåt litterärt mästerverk är väl att ta i.
I countryn är texten central, ibland underfundig, ibland rätt på och ibland sentimental.
Här är utdrag ur några av mina favoriter.
  • The Pants- Brad Paisley

A big old boy like you can probably bench 350 A little thing like her can barely lift the bar Just wait 'til that woman has a headache And she sits there with her legs crossed Well, we'll see how strong you are

You wear the pants Buddy, good for you I'm so impressed Yeah, whoopty-doo You need to know That ain't how it works It's not who wears the pants, It's who wears the skirt

  • 9 to 5 - Dolly Parton

Workin 9 to 5 What a way to make a livin' Barely gettin by It'a all takin' And no givin' They just use your mind And they never give you credit It's enough to drive you Crazy if you let it

  • You Ain't Woma Enough (To Take My man)- Loretta Lynn

You've come to tell me something you say I ought to know That he don't love me anymore and I'll have to let him go You say you're gonna take him oh but I don't think you can Cause you ain't woman enough

Women like you they're a dime a dozen you can buy 'em anywhere For you to get to him I'd have to move over and I'm gonna stand right here It'll be over my dead body so get out while you can Cause you ain't woman enough to take my man

PS Annie Get Your Gun är musikalen som är byggd på Annie Oakleys liv.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Kryptiskt min kära Katarina! Hörru förresten vad är det du pluggar???? Själv har jag "fegat" igång med att borsta upp franskan.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Bästa Karin, jag kom åt publisera knappen av misstag. Jo du jag ska äntligen få papper på att jag är vårdbiträde, det efter drygt 20 år i branchen.

    SvaraRadera
  3. aha!!!! lika trigger happy som annie oakley! Ja men jösses, det trodde jag du hade papper på redan! Hur lång blir utbildningen?!

    SvaraRadera

Räknare